Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Missionary.

The day I have waited for ever since I was a little boy was yesterday.
Today I found out where I will serve for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
& the next 2 years of my life.



A synopsis of April 3, 2012 :)

I started this day off knowing I HAD to keep my mind off of the mission call.
I took my Psychology test and got a B! 
Then I went to breakfast at Kneaders (Unlimited French Toast) with my school friends Laura, Madison, & Kali.
They are so awesome and I am really gonna miss them.

Then we went back to my apartment building & one by one everyone started showing up! 
Once everyone was there, the long awaited time was FINALLY here!!!! :) 

MEXICO PUEBLA!!!!!!! :) August 15th.




These are just TONS of the pictures taken this day.
Honestly, the BEST moment of my life.
My heart was SO full and I just couldn't be happier.




















Thank you to EVERYONE who attended:
Family <3
Mom, Dad, Amanda, Paul, Maman, Grandad, Sherida, Alison, Josh, Abin, Diane, Jared.
& My dear friends
Jessie, Kayla, Suzie, Hadley, Gloria, Kailee, Emily, Ali, Shellie, Madison, Laura, Kali, Kate, Summer, Carley, Hillary, Spencer, Abby, Kristen, Jill, Meagan, Katie, Dana, Heather, Lauren, Steven, JJ, Nate, Kayla Cureton, Natalie, Skyler, Melissa, McKay.

Special shout out to my family, grandparents, & Kayla and Jessie who came ALL the way up from Vegas/Cedar City to share this moment with me.

& Everyone who couldn't make it but still felt your love. Thank you SO much. I could never do this if it weren't for the support I have. I am so very blessed and so happy.
I cannot wait to serve the people of Puebla Mexico. It is a dream come true.
<3 :)
Elder Swenson.



After I opened I went to Zupas (my place of work) to CELEBRATE!
with family and friends. 
I did a very hard thing today which I will too be doing soon to many...
I said Goodbye to my cousin Alison Jones for 2 1/2 years.
She went into the MTC today to serve in Rochester, NY.
Alison is my best friend. She is incredible & she is such an example to me. She makes me laugh, smile, happier anytime I see her, want to be a better person. She welcomed me here at college, I honestly do not know what I would have done without her. I have never been able to see her much because we always lived far away, maybe twice a year.  But we were always close. She is by far one of the best people I have ever known. She will be a perfect missionary. Her spirit is SO strong, you can just see it in her countenance. She is going to be amazing and I love that we get to share this experience together.
I love you Sister Jones. Forever in my heart. <3 I'll see you soon.

Then I went to school with these fools again.
Then the new DORITOS TACO w/Kali.
SO GOOD. heaven in your mouth.

Then DI adventures.







Then I went hot tubbing with Emily & Suzie since they had school/work right after I opened my call.
Then In N Out with them and making up songs with Suz.

<3 The best day of my life :) 
Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment